Tax issues are present in almost every business and personal transaction. Neil Yahn and Greg Kogut develop creative approaches to minimize tax costs and maximize tax benefits. We also help implement new tax strategies in our clients’ business and personal lives in response to new developments and changes in the tax law.
The experience and expertise of our tax attorneys covers all aspects of federal, state and local taxation. We counsel and represent clients in business transactions and retirement plan matters, in estate planning and probate, and in tax controversies.
Some of the services we provide include:
- Tax counsel with respect to the purchase and sale of businesses in taxable and nontaxable transactions
- Tax planning relating to the creation or changing of business structures, including corporate separations
- Implementing like-kind and other tax-free or tax-deferred exchanges
- Representing clients in all phases of tax controversy matters
- Negotiating and settling tax collection matters
- Obtaining advance rulings from the Internal Revenue Service to assure the tax consequences of a proposed transaction
- Succession planning for family businesses, including developing business and tax strategies necessary to meet family goals
- Wealth transfer planning including the creation of family limited partnerships, trusts and gifting programs
- Analyzing tax aspects of litigation, including employment-related disputes
- Forming and assisting in the operation of tax-exempt organizations
- Litigating matters in US Tax Court